- Green Jell-o with carrots mixed in doesn’t seem strange.
- You have actually eaten Funeral Potatoes.
- You are not surprised to hear words like Darn, Fetch, Oh my heck and shoot.
- Somewhere in your family tree is a polygamist.
- You know the difference between a ‘steak house’ and a ‘stake house.’
- You have a bumper sticker that says “Families are Forever”.
- You were an Aunt or Uncle before you were three.
- Your spouse’s mother was pregnant at your wedding.
- Your family considers a trip to McDonalds a night out.
- You consider a temple recommend a credit reference.
- There is a similarity between a ward basket ball game and the LA Riots.
- You think Jack Daniels is a country western singer.
- You can made jell-o salad without a recipe.
- You’ve heard about the BYU football game in a testimony meeting.
- You have at least two gallons of ice cream in the freezer at all times.
- A member of your family wrote in LaVell Edwards for president in the last election.
- Every driveway on your block has a minivan.
- You make a toast with red punch at your wedding reception.
- You have more raw wheat stored that some Third World Countries.
- Your idea of a wild party is a six pack of root beer and a PG-13 movie.
- You think “You’re a 10 cow wife” is a compliment.
- You actually get these jokes and share them with other members of your ward.
Hahahahaha, I just love this list.
I have them. I’m selfish, Sometimes I want to go back in time, either correct situations or just wish I was back in time. Some of my regrets include:
- Not appreciating the time that my 2 oldest were younger.
- Wishing I could go back in time to going every Sunday over to Matthew’s house and having dinner, then chat outside on his patio while the children ran around in the yard like wild little indians.
- Wishing I had more pictures of me with Amy Lynne. I was the one always behind the camera.
- Wishing I would have stayed in her room after we got the diagnosis that she had suffered a stroke and was terminal. Instead, I went to the closet that they call parent’s sleeping rooms and bawled my eyes out. I could have spent more time holding her.
These are just some. while I can’t go back in time and fix some of these things, I can go forward and take time to enjoy what I do have now. I’m trying to appreciate Lily and enjoy her being young. She is my last baby. I’m having dinner with my family and enjoying one another and the conversation. While I can’t go back in time and get more pictures of me holding Amy Lynne, I made sure that I had some pictures of me holding Lily. I mean, she was more premature than Amy Lynne! I’m also trying to seize the moment and enjoy life to the fullest. I simply cannot control other people. As much as I would like to sometimes, I can only control my feelings and encourage those same feelings to my children.
My calling in church is the Young Women’s personal progress leader. I was reading over the booklet again and it made me think of these things.
Question of the day: Do you have any regrets you’d like to share?